Getting back into the swing of things has proved to be a little challenging. I love this blog, but it has definitely taken a back burner. But I think it’s safe to say that I am back with the pedal to the metal, raring to go.
The challenges of the past two weeks:
- Waking up at going to bed at a respectable hour.
- Leaving work at a decent time.
- Traffic, especially because of baseball and the Giants.
- Making time to exercise.
- Sore legs. This is ridiculous because I have been teaching for 11 years. But my poor feet and legs have been in flip flops or running shoes all summer, not high heels.
The glories of the past two weeks:
- Self-sufficient students. I swear to you, I ask them to do something and it’s done. Instantly.
- Awesome coworkers who were happy to see me back.
- Hyper-organization due to sharing a classroom with the french teacher.
- Warm classroom days in Palo Alto, fog-cooled nights in San Francisco.
- Being social with friends.
- Some, ahem, attention after returning a little slimmer and a little tanner.
I love the beginning of school. It reminds me of growing up. In fact, I love the Fall as well. Autumn clothes, autumn leaves, sharpened pencils. Everything clean and crisp and organized. Hopefully it will stay this way for at least a month!
In elementary school, all my friends and I went to the same hairdresser. Our moms were all friends, and each of us had matching Dorothy Hamill haircuts, lacy ankle Continue reading